I typically don't care what people think of me, but when I stand in line at Walgreens to buy 20 jars of Gerber's Baby food for my cat ( she has a sensitive stomach and it's the only thing she wont puke all over my apartment) I can't help but feel a little awkward. I wonder if the cashier and other people in line look and me and think "god, she is so young. There goes her life." I do look 17 after all. Then again, it's Echo Park, so a teen looking girl buying baby food is probably a regular occurrence... Anyhow, god forbid a cute guy comes up behind me while I am buying baby food. There goes my chances. Even worse, if someone I've slept with in the past is behind me while I am buying baby food. I can only imagine what is going through their head as the cashier takes my 20 jars of baby food out of the basket and rings them up one by one. Then double bagging them in 4's.... I think I would just look over my should at them with a sheepish look on my face and leave them to ponder the possibilities.
Speaking of buying things at Walgreens, sometimes I like to think about about all the different combos of items I could buy that would puzzle or freak out the cashier. So far, my favorite is flavored condoms, red lipstick, and a jump rope...
So, I've had a busy few weeks. I have been babysitting for my boss. One of the owners of the salon. It's pretty easy and good money. There are 2 girls, 6 and 9. The 6 year old is craaazy, but goes to bed really early. Around 7:30. The 9 year is really smart and easy to talk to. Last week I was watching only the youngest one and my boss told me to come at 6. The little girl was in bed just before 9 and the parents didn't even leave until after 9. They came home around 2 am and I made $105 just to watch movies and nap. Easy breezy.
I've been kind of a loner lately. Kind of had a falling out of some sorts with my 2 girl friends here. I think 3 is a crowd. I am a very solitary person, but I like to hang out with different types of people too, so I had a period of time in January where I was dating a few guys and not hanging out with the girls everyday and they took offense to that. They said they felt I was losing my sense of self. It's quite the opposite because in fact, I've never felt so secure in myself in my life. I LOVE love love love living alone and being single. I have always wanted to date. Anyhow, my true friends (S and J) would never get mad at me for stupid shit like that. Thank you guys!!!
On Sunday, I went to this Australian BBQ and show at the Echo. I went alone and ended up meeting 3 bands, Red Riders, The Boat People, and Dappled Cities. We went out to eat, then to a house party, and then out to eat again. It was sooo much fun. It makes me want to move to Australia. Those accents.... Anyhow, one of the bands is coming back next weekend for another show right down the street from me. I am really excited to see them again! And I had texted BDB to come to the show, but he ignored me, so I am over it. Eh. oh well. I often run around the reservoir though and he lives across the street from it. I wonder if we'll see each other...
hmm. What else. Oh. Went to a St. Patty's day party. Thom was there. Go figure. We have the same friends... This is going to happen a lot. At least we're cordial. So was talking to my good friend's sister. The sister and I don't know each other but we were bonding over our single lives and I was mentioning to her the crazy day I had mentioned in an earlier post about being out with the skateboarder and running into or hearing from all the guys I've dated in the past 6 months... As I mention the skateboarders name, the girl says, "wait, C---T? Is he a skateboarder?? I hooked up with him too!!" Wow. wow. On a side note, while I was at the skateboarder's house, there was a picture of Thom with the skateboarder's roommate on the fridge!!!! oh.my.god. I need to move.
Work has been really slow, so on Thursday, they had me take the day off. I went ran some errands and met Julie at the coffee shop. We were sitting next to this really nice looking guy. I've seen him around before. anyhow, he asked me if I minded if he smoked near me and I thought it was really cool of him to ask. Julie and I ended up talking to him for a while and we all went miniature golfing. It was really random and really fun. Afterwards we met up with our friend Joshua and had dinner. So we have a new friend and he is pretty awesome. That's about it for now. Going out tonight for a bday thing for some friends and then S is coming to town tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Debauchery!!!!! If it's anything like the last time she came out, watch out Echo Park!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment